Customer Service Coordinator Job Description Career Description for the position of Customer Service Coordinator
Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:52 AM (#1)
Customer Service Coordinator is an individual, who provides administrative support functions to the call center, account managers, and management. Coordinators strive hard to provide the best professional, high-level customer service for the customers of their organization. They assist in developing customer service standards, policies and procedures for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Interacting with customers, providing information in answer to inquires about products, accounts, and services.
* Taking service inquiry calls from customers or clients and dispatching the suitable customer service associate to address questions.
* Answering the questions of customers regarding the organization’s products or services and its operation or maintenance.
* Handling and resolving customer complaints, or special orders via mail or phone.
* Receiving and processing orders, providing information concerning changes, pricing in service, and shipping.
* Investigating and correcting errors, following company and customer records.
* Interviewing customers to acquire information and explaining available services.
* Adjusting complaints concerning services or billing rendered.
* Coordinating customers’ service requirements with other appropriate departments as necessary to ensure effective customer service.
* Referring complaints of service or product failure or errors to appropriate personnel for investigation.
* Communicating solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Manager of customer service.
* Coordinates production of printed materials and prepress or printing services with customer's requirements.
* Confers with customers throughout production to keep them informed of status of job, to solicit and resolve inquiries and complaints, to obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations (film for each primary color), ink samples, and proofs, and to procure information and materials needed by establishment personnel to process order.
* Determines supplies, materials, and equipment needed for job order, plans and draws layout of job, and routes supplies and materials, such as pasteups, artwork, copy, film, or prints, to work areas to put job order into production.
* Monitors progress of job order throughout production, confers with establishment personnel, orders supplies, contracts services with outside vendors, and alters production schedule and job order to expedite timely processing of job in accordance with customer's requirements and company standards.
Skills and Specifications
* Calmness under pressure and maintain records in timely and accurate mode.
* Good decision-making, communication, and IT skills.
* Ability to encourage and motivate people with responsible attitude.
* Interest in helping and working with customers.
* Should have sound practical judgment of priorities.
* Familiar with Microsoft office suite.
Education and Qualifications
* High school diploma or general education from an accredited institution.
* Experience in customer service activities.